Monday, December 8, 2008

WAIT

found here at ben bell's website. (the fine print says "the arrival of something important or awaited")

I love the posting on this signal that says "cross with care"...it makes me feel as if someone is watching out for me - as i wait in the darkness for a sign....
*******
If I say, “Surely the darkness will cover me, and the light around me turn to night,” darkness is not dark to you, O Lord; the night is as bright as the day; darkness and light to you are both alike. Psalm 139:10-11

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Roberta, I enjoy Advent---trying to find the balance between WAITING and anticipation... Patience is not my strong suit---so Advent is a time when I have to be patient and slowly yet eagerly await the birth of our Savior. It's four weeks that we ALL need!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Roberta, good combination! It's also a reminder to wait on what they
used to call "this side Jordan" until the time is right, but then to
cross (with caution or without!). When I celebrate my Greek friend
Niko's name day, it's to celebrate that he's here. That's how Advent
and the Nativity are for me - the celebration every year of the great
event that is here and always with us - God and Man together fully.
Death and resurrection are a part of that, but not the most important
part, just the forgone conclusion! - Brad

Anonymous said...

They that WAIT upon the Lord........