Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Wheel of LIfe

Here is some excellent advice for the next time you are feeling exhausted. Just ask yourself where you are in the wheel of life....
Sometimes I think of life as a big wagon wheel with many spokes. In the middle is the hub. Often in ministry, it looks like we are running around the rim trying to reach everybody. But God says, "Start in the hub; live in the hub. Then you will be connected with all the spokes, and you won't have to run so fast." -Henri J. M. Nouwen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of hubbub to me. k

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I am currently reading Nouwen's "Life of the Beloved". I love that man!

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful "hub" to look to in both times of joy, sadness, confusion and reminders of who we owe all. Today, I have a delicate violet blooming in my window. It has a sparkle that only the One could have put there.