Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The F.A.C.E. of Ego

I never did tell you what the F.A.C.E. of ego stood for.....It's actually from another book of David Richo's., "How to Be an Adult in Relationships". I can't recall if the Essence column is from that book or was passed on from someone else's thoughts.....Still it's good stuff....

So this is how to tell if you are acting from your Ego vs. Essence
(or your Flesh vs. Spirit)

Acting from my ego

  • Fear
  • Attachment
  • Control
  • Entitlement

Acting from my essence

  • Freedom
  • Acceptance
  • Compassion
  • Equality

When I feel fear I choose instead to love.
When I feel attachment I choose instead to let go.
When I feel controlling I choose instead to grant freedom.
When I feel entitled I choose instead to see myself as equal.

2 comments:

Treehugger said...

sounds like a book that might just be worth picking up....actually, I think it might be on my "wish list" at Amazon... :)

Thanx for sharing this...insightful stuff to ponder.

Unknown said...

Will the light ever turn on for my husband?