Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fool's Gold

The Wise Men were surprised to find a new "visitor" to their world - a leprechaun.....At first Wise Man #1 was excited that he and the leprechaun had something in common - Gold!

Wise Man: Hey! I brought gold to the newborn King! Are you on your way to see Him too?

Leprechaun: Not on yer life wee man. This is me own gold and no king will be takin' a single coin away from a Leprechaun as smart as meself!

Wise Man: So what do you do with all that gold?

Leprechaun: I keep me eye on it at all times.

Wise Man: What a strange way to live.

Leprechaun: Aye - perhaps - but you're livin' on a bathroom shelf reading the likes of Thomas Merton!

Wise Man: That is true but at least I'm not worried about someone stealing my gold - I gave mine away.

Leprechaun: Silly wee fool!

Wise Man: Perhaps what you say is true - but to not be attached to something is when we become aware of its real value.

Leprechaun: I've no clue as to what yer talkin' about wee fella but I'm still not givin' ya any of me gold. But Happy St. Paddy's Day to ya and all the readers of the Irish woman's blog!

Click on photo to get a better view of the fool's gold!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aye, an' you can be sure I'm wearin' my wee bit o' green today--Tis a fair wee elf brooch straight from Middle Earth.

Blessings,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

you crack me up with this stuff!

Evelyn said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too, Roberta! I do hope you keep the wise men saga going..... it's WONDERFUL!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love this dialogue. Happy belated St. Paddy's Day.