Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Follow

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. By following a straight line one can walk from Egypt to Israel in a few days.

Why did it take Moses forty years? Because his was not a path from one point to another, but from one way of thinking to another."
J. Rubenis

I love this quote. Repentance is changing from the old way of thinking to a new way - what an excellent Lenten practice! And yes, i realize the cartoon is somewhat sexist & that it has little to do with this quote, but sometimes i just can't help myself and it is funny.

1 comment:

Treehugger said...

Oh my....I am currently in a 9 month study of the Exodus...and the timing of your post is simply wonderful! I can't wait to share it w/my class! But that's only AFTER I share it with my co-workers and my employers...and my friends in the Faith. Thank you for this bit of genuine wisdom! xo