Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Sunday of Advent


Today was the first Sunday of Advent which is the first day of the new year in the liturgical calendar. At St. Paul's we start this 4 week season with a great festival which took place today!

Over the next four weeks many of my posts will be focused on this amazing season of gestation - not just Mary's but our own.  What will be born in us as we prepare for the birth of Jesus?

May our journey be rich as God comes toward us yet again in this holy season.



2 comments:

Jayne said...

Wishing you a blessed Advent Roberta.

Evelyn said...

Hi Roberta!

I like your advent candles. I've actually created my own advent "wreath" of sorts this year. It's my first year living in my house alone, and so far I find myself looking forward to lighting the candle and having an Advent devotion before dinner.

I will certainly keep reading your Advent thoughts!