Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Words That Make My Heart Soar

After all the contributions that were posted in response to Words That Make My Stomach Plummet I asked my daily quote group to send in Words That Make My Heart Soar.....Here is the list....What words make your heart soar?



Have you lost weight?
I'm so glad you called.
You make me laugh.
Mom, I need your advice. (Double soarage when the call is from Jordan!)
Raspberries are ripe-
The lilacs are in bloom.
Grama, I LOVE you!
I miss you can we spend the day together?
Come for dinner (lunch, breakfast, coffee, dessert)
I just read the BEST book- thought you'd love it too
Lets go to dinner & a movie. I was thinking about you today.
Hey Chrisser - what's up? (phone call from my brother Rick)
The coffee's ready. Let's play cards
The account is paid in full! In fact, you have a refund coming!
Thanks for listening. Your'e a good friend
You have been on my mind.
It's a beautiful day, let's play hooky.
Saw these cherries & knew how much you love them
Couldn't have done it without your help.
The daffodils are blooming
I just love your store.
I'm so glad I married you.
I think I owe you some money!
That color makes you look 10 years younger!

sunshine
babies
grandchildren
mercy
flower gardens
No more tears
I love you
heaven
sobriety
laughed till I cried
You are so beautiful
friendships
joy
enough
Christmas
Jesus

Your writing spoke what was in my heart, when I thought I was the only one who felt that way.
Thank you.
I'm sorry--please forgive me.
Of course I forgive you--let's start over.
Maybe that's not your job. Why don't you let God have that job?
(I want to include the words "I love you," but it's hard ... spoken by the right person in the right circumstances, they are healing ... and yet those very same words can make my heart plummet when entwined in snaky manipulation. Sigh.)


Everything is wonderful!
I could not have done it without you!
Together.
Tranquility.


Relax and dream.
Everything is possible.
Memories with my children.
Floating in the ocean.


Peace in my lifetime.
All you need is love.
Sunsets.
Blissful harmony.
No regrets

I try and frequently ask God to give me the right words to take a patient from their terminal diagnosis to living each day as it was intended in hopes of finding peace and beauty in their impending death.


love you

I want to spend some time with you

I can’t wait to see you

Welcome, we’re so glad to have you here

Thank you. You did such a great job.

Let’s try it!

(anything that makes me laugh)

(hearing my grandkids laugh)

(a hug)

(seeing people help other people – e.g. we saw some people in Tacoma get out of their car to help someone whose car had stalled and just that simple act of helping out was so great!)

My name. I like it when people say my name.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

God sent you to me today.

Anonymous said...

C’mere, let me rub your back.

Something smells delicious

Let’s sleep in

Would you like a cup of coffee?

Let’s go for it

e batata (is a potato), Portuguese slang for something that never fails or is always the best

Hi, mom, sup?

Ok, before you start laughing…..

Let me cook for you

I thought we’d just putter in the yard

What the hell, WHY NOT?!

Let’s get rid of this stuff

Wanna walk on the beach?

The hummingbirds are back