Saturday, October 30, 2010

leaving church?


A man had been stranded on the proverbial deserted island for years.
Finally a boat comes into view, and the man frantically waves to draw its attention.
The rescuers turn toward shore and arrive on the island.
After greeting the stranded man, one looks around and asks,
"What are those three huts you have here?"
"Well, that's my house there."
"What's that next hut?" asks the sailor.
"I built that hut to be my church."
"What about the other hut?"
"Oh, that's where I used to go to church."

So which one of these
Top 10 Reasons People Leave Church
do you think applies to this stranded man?
1. The church was not helping me to develop spiritually.
2. I did not feel engaged or involved in meaningful church work.
3. Church members were judgmental of others
4. Pastor was not a good preacher
5. Too many changes
6. Members seemed hypocritical
7. Church didn’t seem to be a place where God was at work
8. Church was run by a clique that discouraged involvement
9. Pastor was judgmental of others
10. Pastor seemed hypocritical 

1 comment:

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

This is very clever and gives me great food for thought.
Thanks Roberta- yet another gem from you.