Tuesday, April 9, 2013

tiptoe through the tulips

Today my friend Karen took me to trip through the La Conner tulips to celebrate my 60th birthday.
What a glorious day.  I have no words for the beauty of these flowers. 
Enjoy!
 
 
Deep in their roots all flowers keep the light.
-Theodore Roethke


Life is a celebration of passionate colors. - Leialoha Cator

 
If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom,
maybe your soul has never been in bloom. ~Terri Guillemets

 
Sometimes I imagine colors as if they were living ideas, being of pure reason with which to communicate.
Nature is not on the surface, it is deep down. - Paul Cezanne

 
Color is joy. One does not think joy. One is carried by it. - Ernst Haas
 


Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors,
there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.
-Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments: