Sunday, March 30, 2008

Do Not Doubt but Believe

I just love it when I discover a new place to visit in the land of blogs and this one, Painted Prayerbook by Jan L. Richardson is so worth the visit (http://paintedprayerbook.com)...the picture below is one of her many works of art. Do you have any idea what it is? Well, today's gospel was from the book of John wherein the fearful disciples have locked themselves into a room when Jesus suddenly walks through the wall and says "Peace be with you!"....WILD! Thomas was not with them at the time (did he go out for milk?) but when he returned & heard what had happened his response was pretty much "no way!", "I've gotta see it to believe it"...

A week later, Jesus pops back in and says the same thing "Peace be with you". He then tells Thomas to put his finger in His wounds so he can truly see and feel for himself...EVEN WILDER! So who knows if Thomas did what he was told? I doubt it (no pun intended)....but we know that his fears are laid to rest in his reply, "My Lord and My God!"...


© Jan L. Richardson

"Doubt is the beginning, not the end, of wisdom." --George Iles

No comments: