Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lydia's Joy

Today Lydia Joy was baptized!
Sustain her O Lord, in your Holy Spirit.
Give her an inquiring and discerning heart,
the courage to will and to presevere,
a spirit to know and to love you,
and the gift of joy and wonder in all your works.
Amen.

The Baptismal Covenant
I will faithfully continue in the apostles' teaching and fellowship,
in the breaking of bread and in the prayers.
Where there is evil, I will resist it.
Whenever I fall into sin, I will repent and return to the Lord.
I will proclaim, by both word and example, the Good News of God in Christ.
I will seek and serve Christ in all persons, loving my neighbor as myself.
I will strive for justice and peace, among all people,
and respect the dignity of every human being.

1 comment:

Margaret D. McGee said...

What a wonderful picture! I can see her grandmother in the joy and life of her expression. Congratulations to Lydia and to all who love her.