Saturday, October 29, 2011

Olympic Discovery Trail

Today my daughter Faith and I walked the Olympic Discovery Trail near Port Angeles, WA.  I wanted to share the autumnal glory of the area with you.
 
 
"She calls it "stick season," this slow disrobing of summer,
leaf by leaf, till the bores of tall trees rattle and scrape in the wind."
-   Eric Pinder


"I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure of the
landscape - the loneliness of it, the dead feeling of winter.
Something waits beneath it, the whole story doesn't show."
-   Andrew Wyeth

 
"Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn."-   Elizabeth Lawrence
 
 
 


1 comment:

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

Wonderful photos - and the colours are gorgeous to go along with the quotations- I admire your energy too.
Blessings