Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Be Fruitful!


"Preparing food is not just about
yourself and others.
It is about everything."

Shunryu Suzuki

At our recent church staff meeting I was completely undone
by a fruit salad. Really. I was overwhelmed by the beauty
of the fruit - the colors/shapes/textures/ and yet I could not separate all of that from
the inner beauty of the woman who had carefully and lovingly crafted this work of art
for our nourishment and delight. It was a Christ-filled Eucharistic moment.
And I was not the only one to take a photo of this offering.
We all felt the "everything" that the author of this quote speaks of.
For a moment we hesitated about digging into that pineapple,
but we did so with gusto and do you know what it tasted like?
PURE LOVE

Thank you Elizabeth Sepesy
for gifting us with your fruitfulness

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh, my, I simply do not have words to express my joy!