Thursday, June 17, 2010

goodbyes and hellos

Hey, where's everybody going?
Check out the migration patterns in America!

Manhattan: Young people move in, old marrieds move out.


 Detroit: Everyone out of the pool!


Seattle: So that's where everyone moved to!


Los Angeles: Last person out of Cali please turn off the lights!


(check out the other cities here)

"Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like
and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work.
Someone would leave. Someone always leaves.
Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes.
I know what I need. I need more hellos."

Charles M. Schulz

3 comments:

Roma said...

WOW, you'd think there'd be a lot less gridlock on the 405 looking at the mass exodus of that photo. It certainly doesn't feel like anybody's left!

Jan said...

Interesting.

VeeKaye said...

This made me think of the Carole King song...So far away...doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore.